Puerto Morelos Coral Reef Snorkeling In Reef National Park
Do you enjoy warm waters, colorful fish, reef coral and the chance to view sea turtles up close? Look no further if you want to experience some of the best snorkeling in Mexico. This beautiful and convenient adventure is located just 15 minutes south of Cancun. Puerto Morelos is a charming and vibrant town with what is known as Mexico’s “Great Barrier Reef” just offshore.
Enjoy this half-day snorkeling tour as we take you to one of the lesser known spots to increase your chance of seeing beautiful fish, corals and animals under the ocean surface. After ~80 minutes in the water it is time to experience an authentic lunch at a beachside restaurant. Refreshed and refueled you can simply relax on the beach or explore the lovely town of Puerto Morelos before we take you back to your hotel.
Puerto Morelos is a peaceful village with lush mangroves that has maintained much of its original character as a fishing village. Sea turtles nest upon the shores in abundance. It is a wonderful getaway to experience the vibrant underwater world, calm beaches and a lovely mix of modern with an iconic small-town Mexico vibe.
If you're interested in turning this snorkeling experience into a full day of activity including ziplines, ATVs, horseback riding and cenotes then book the full experience here.
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your hotel in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, or Riviera Maya
- Snorkel gear and lifejackets
- Approximately 80-minutes of snorkeling
- 1-hour free time to visit Puerto Morelos
- Lunch at a beachside restaurant with selected menu
- Specialized and bilingual guides and staff
What To Bring
- Reef Tax: A $10.00 US per person sea life preservation must be paid in cash at check in.
- A towel & bathing suit
- Comfortable shoes or sandals
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Optional money for gratuities.